Friday, November 14, 2008

What a great day to paint!


Today's weather was a perfect day to be stuck indoors and mom and I definantly made the best of it! I began by making a quick stop at Rugged Warehouse to buy some stretchy pants for work....I knew it was time to hang up the medium scrub pants when even the elastic wouldn't stretch any further and the girls at work were taking up a collection for me to buy new pants! And trust me, my patients are more than eager to let me know how much weight I have gained....don't you just love old folks! They don't hold anything back! Once I left the store I was in route to meet up with Big Cheese (Carter has tagged mom with that name) at Home Depot, however we failed to specify exactly which Home Depot to meet at. So there I was waddeling my big self down the aisles of Home Depot scanning for mom. She is normally easy to spot in a crowd, however I didn't see her anywhere! I called her cell phone only to find out that she was in Peachtree City and I was in Newnan! Once we finally met up we picked out the paint. "Water Chestnut" and "Pacific Pearl". The theme is going to be Barn Yard and with the help of my Aunt Patti's decorating skills and Granddaddy Buzz's craftsman skills it should turn out to be a little boy's farm yard dream! I was so thrilled to spend the day with mom and to get the painting done. I will post more pictures of our progress. While I was thrilled, Trigger wasn't so much! The new baby room is currently Trigger's lair. Since he was a puppy he has been crate trained in that room and has claimed it as his. We ended up having to shut him out of the room because he just had to lay right in the middle of all of the chaos. He didn't escape without a big patch of Pacific Blue paint across his back! I can't wait to see the final outcome of the room! Stay tuned for more pics!!

I must also make a note for all of you mommies out there that feel the need to share your labor horror stories........DON'T! I must a stamp on my forehead that says "Please scare the sh*t out of me!" I have promised my self that I will not be one of those women who feel the need to share every ripping and tearing detail of my labor with any poor unsupecting first time mother-to-be.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest! (Speaking of chest...I finally have cleavage!!) Yay for prego boobs!!

Check out more pics at www.picasa.com
I'm working on adding more pics to the gallery.

No comments: