Thursday, November 6, 2008

24 Weeks Appointment

I had my 24 week visit with Dr. Cook this week. Unfortunately there was no Ultrasound : (
I was so eager to see my little man, but all I had done at this appt was to be weighed and to check the heartbeat.
I weighed in at 190 lbs. Not to proud of that number, but.......it is what it is. Dr. Cook didn't have anything to say about it, so I guess my weight gain is in range. Don't get me wrong, I am not at all happy about being a measly 10 lbs away from the big 200, but it's worth! I've got a growing boy to feed! Besides, being only 4 miles from mom's house definitely has added on the pounds....pregnancy or not !! I told Dr. Cook that the baby has been quite active here lately, especially at night after a glass of cold milk and also in the morning when I'm at work at 5:30am! In fact, I felt him "jump" last week while I was sitting in the recliner. Apparently the sound of Trigger barking scared him! I look forward to feeling him move around and get a bit nervous if a few hours have gone by and I haven't felt him wiggle. I have to admit that I am a bit guilty of shaking my belly just to wake him up!
Overall the appointment went well, however I did get a bit of a scare when it took Dr. Cook a few minutes to find the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler. What seemed like hours was only an extra minute or two. I couldn't help but hold my breath! He said that the baby may had been turned, but was still making a concerned expression while rolling the Doppler all over my belly. Finally....swoosh, swoosh, swoosh.........!!!!! Music to my ears! He informed me that next visit I would be taking the glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. I've been warned that this sugary drink is not very pleasant. My next visit will be on December 2nd (The day after Mike's 30th B day). I also scheduled the 3D/4D ultrasound picture session. I can't wait to see who the baby looks like!

No comments: