Thursday, November 6, 2008

Snakes and snails......


........and puppy dog tails!!!!!!! IT'S A BOY!!
Well, after waiting a day after our 20 wk appointment we gathered with a few family and friends to announce the news! We met at Franks on Ava's B day and let her have the honors of opening up the envelope. I could hardly wait! Everyone was told to wear either pink or blue, depending on what their guess was. I wore pink, only because I knew everyone else was hoping for a boy and we would all be in blue otherwise. However, I did wear a little blue baby diaper pin on my shirt :)
After placing our dinner orders we had Ava stand on a chair and open it up. The suspense was killing me!
I saw the little piece of paper fall to the floor (the one I had clipped out of the magazine). Ava jumped down, grabbed it and started to smile. She had been requesting a little "brother-cousin" ever since she found out that I was prego. I just knew by her reaction that my gut feeling was right. She turned around the picture to reveal the big news! IT'S A BOY! We all cheered with delight as we passed around the ultrasound picture that clearly displayed all of the appropriate boy parts! Mike was so proud! At that time the cell phones came out!
We were all making phone calls to share the news! The soon-to-be Grandmother's were so thoughtful to bring us baby gifts! My mom had one pink bag and one blue bag and Mike's mom only had a gift for a little boy. She said that she "just knew" it was going to be a boy. We couldn't have asked for a better night! I am working on posting some pictures from that night. I am still waiting for AUNT TIFFANY to send me some : ) Hee Hee.
Stay tuned.........

No comments: