Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Is that a turkey you're smuggling?

Today marked my 28th week of being preggo !!
Of course I took the day off of work for my appointment and Mike was also off work, however not for the same reason. He is having his last "hoo-rah!" before the baby gets here. For the next 5 days he will be in Virginia deer hunting. Most people think I am crazy for letting him take this trip so late in my pregnancy, but believe it or not it really gives me a chance to rest. I will spend the next few days in a stinky-free and cereal-for-dinner home. He was sweet enough to get down all of the Christmas decorations so I am going to stay busy decorating the house. Don't get me wrong, I of course wish he were here with me, but he's so excited about this trip that I didn't have the heart to hold him back. Hopefully he will bring back a whole lot of deer meat too!

I can't help but mention some of the perks that I experienced this Thanksgiving as a
mommy-to-be. Here are some of the best reasons to be pregnant during Thanksgiving:

*You get bumped to the front of the buffet line, after all everyone reminds you that you're eating for two!

* After dinner, you're encouraged to sit down and rest your feet....no dish pan hands for me!

*It's easier waking up @ 3am for Black Friday shopping when you've already gotten up to pee at 2:30am.

* You also get bumped to the front of the shopping line at Walmart the day after Thanksgiving....(thank you to the Virgin Island ladies at the Newnan Walmart)

* Being preggo is a great conversation starter amongst all the folks you only see once a year and prevents the awkward silence.

*You have an excuse to wear elastic-waisted stretchy pants to a Holiday affair!

Along with celebrating Thanksgiving our family also celebrated the announcement of another baby that will make its debut into our growing family. Toby and Ally Teal informed us all that she will be expecting a baby in June of next year! Wow!
This now has the count at 4 grandkids and 3 on the way!

Kayley- 6yrs
Carter- 2yrs
Jackson- 1 yr
Noah- 8mo
Baby Boy Greenway- Due February 2008
Baby Teal (Jenny & Josh)- May 1st 2008 (Find out gender on December 22nd)
Baby Teal (Toby & Ally)- June 2008

No comments: