Monday, September 1, 2008

Sonrise Consignment Sale August 22 & 23

Make room in the nursery!!
A couple of weeks ago me, Mom, Jenny, & Josh decided to go the Sonrise Consignment Sale. Since I didn't have any baby furniture I figured it would be fun to browse around and just check out what they had for sale. Let me back up, we had actually been planning this trip for quite some time. Jenny and Mom started going to this sale when Jen was prego with Carter and each time I had to work and would have to listen to all the fun they had and look at all the great deals they had stumbled upon. I never had much interest in the baby items, however was kinda bummed that I had missed out on the whole "consignment experience". When time came around this year, I was determined to go! Jenny had me so very excited about all the items that would be for sale and prepared me for the early morning madness. I assumed that I would probably find some stuff, however if I didn't that would be ok too. Tiffany (Mike's sis) had offered me Blakely's crib to use if I wanted to. So, I didn't have much to lose by going to the sale. The "game plan" was for all of us to spend the night at Mom & Earls the night before. Mike graciously let us use his truck for any big items that we may find. It seemed like Christmas Eve that night! Jen had me so pumped!! We knew that we had to get there super early in order to get the "good stuff!". We were there at about 7am and were the first in line, followed by about 200 people by the time the doors opened at 8am. While we waited Jenny coached me on where all the big items would be and to label em quick!! (We were given sticky labels to mark items as "sold" with our names on it) As the doors open we ran into a room filled with strollers, cribs, gliders, swings..... it was overwhelming!! I immediently saw a beautiful crib and matching changing table side by side. Mom looked at me and said "Do you want this one?" I DID!!! However, I had set a budget for the day and couldn't afford both items. That didn't matter to Mom, she offered to buy it if it was what I wanted. YAY!!! As soon as I peeled off my sticky label another shopper pushed her way through and slapped her sticky label on it!!! Mom politely said, "My daughter is getting this crib" to which the woman snapped, "I DON'T SEE HER NAME ON IT!!" Mom then said, "She's getting the matching changing table too and the crib!" The woman just stood there!! Wheww! I thought there was gonna be a fight for sure!! She soon stomped off and said "That's bullshit!". By the end of the day Mike's truck was loaded down with a crib, changing table, Graco car seat, Boppy, crib sheets and the double stroller that mom bought for baby Greenway and Carter! What a great day!!

No comments: