Sunday, July 13, 2008

Baby Names: By Mike : )

I just had to add this! Mike called me so excited to report that he had picked out two possible names if we have a baby boy. I figured it would be something like Hank, Merle, or Willie. I was in for quite a surprise when he suggested "Olen" and "Arn". I instinctly asked, "Are you drunk?!". He laughed and said, "No!". "Olen" is the name of a boat captain down here in Florida and "Arn" used to be a wrestler, "Arn Anderson". Yes, he was very serious and couldn't understand why I didn't like these names! My first thought was "Olen-colon"! My child is not going to be scarred for life in grammar school with the name "Olen-colon"!! He also said that he met a family while fishing that had two little girls, he told the mother that his wife was pregnant. She told him to tie a ring around a string, hold it over my belly and if it goes in a circle its a girl and if it swings back and forth than its going to be a boy. He is eager to try out this trick! Against my better judgement I wrote down these names as "possibilities" in my pregnancy journal. Besides, I think its super-sweet that he's been thinking about baby names. It will be funny in years to come to look back on these names!

No comments: