Sunday, July 6, 2008

Are we really?


Well, since Mike and I wern't "planning" on having a baby this soon into our marriage we were more than a little bit shocked to find out that our adventure would be starting sooner than we had planned! However, things happen for a reason and I have not once asked "why us?" or "why now?". Sometimes our destiny isn't up to us and our "plans" aren't always in our hands. So, with this being said I was a bit suprised when on the 20th of the month my "little friend" didn't show up....hmmm. Not too uncommon, but still made me wonder. A couple of days had passed and the only other thing to make me think that something was up was the fact that I was peeing like a racehorse and my "girls" we super-duper sore!! So, I decided to take the test just to rule out the chance of being "prego"! So, I bought the test and took a squat! Laid it on the counter, took a peek and saw that only one line was there. Wheww! What a relief was my first thought. I went on about my evening washing clothes and cleaning the house when I remembered that I didn't toss out the test. I went back for a second look and saw the other line that created the almighty PLUS sign!! What!? I looked at the box, looked at the test, the box, the stick and then could literally feel my heart stop! I instantly called Landria and said, "Oh my God, I think I'm pregnant!" "Are you sure?" she said. "Yes, I'll call you back!" I paced around the house and waited for the daddy-to-be to get home. Once Mike came home I didn't know how to tell him.....he could tell soemthing was wrong with me and kept asking "Whats the matter?!" I just had to say it. Standing there in our kitchen I said "I think I'm pregnant!". "What? Are you sure? Did you do the test right?" I showed him the test and he said "Well, I guess we're having a baby!". The next day we went to Rite Aid and bought 4 more tests. We stood in the aisle for about 10 minutes picking out which ones to get. He insisted on the ones that actually said "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" where as I just opted for the standard ol plus and minus signs. We hurried back home and there I marched into the b-room to take another pee pee! All 4 tests were lined up as we waited. Both of us agreed to look at the tests at the same time and no peeking before hand. Mike said his watch and we waited..........3 minutes later we were both convinced that 5, 6, or 7 tests couldn't be wrong!! We were pregnant!! Well, not really "we", but we were in this together and were both excited and scared all at the same time!!!

No comments: