Thursday, August 7, 2008

1st Dr.'s Appt @ 11 weeks.

I FINALLY got to go to my 1st appointment with Dr. Cook. Unfortunantly, Mike wasn't able to go because he was taking his final driving test to recieve his CDL license. However, I was in still in good company with Mom and Landria. The appointment went great!! I first had to be weighed in. I'd rather not mention my weight! I'll put it this way, I have defiantly gained since finding out I was prego. Aprox 10-12 lbs!! Mom said that atleast my weight at this visit will be my "starting" weight. So, after getting my BP taken, which was 127/77 I was able to meet Dr. Cook. I had heard such great things from Jenny, Tiff and Shea who all had used him during their pregnancy and since I was around all of them for their 9 months and they all turned out well, I figured I give him a try. At this point I had been in the little COLD room for probably 45 minutes. I was so anxious for the real visit to begin! Dr. Cook finally came in the room and told me that since I was already 11 weeks that he would go ahead and try to hear the heartbeat. YAY! This is what I had been waiting for! As soon as he placed the little doppler near my belly button I could hear it! It sounded like a pack of wild horses galloping!! I then was directed to the exam room for the ultrasound! I called mom while I was waiting because I knew she had to have been worried since nearly 1 1/2 hours had gone by. Her first words "What's wrong?!" I told her that nothing was wrong and that I was still waiting for the ultrasound. Mom was quick to tell me that she had already asked the receptionist if she could come back for the ultrasound and was given permission too. I told her to sit tight and I would let the doc know. So.......I had already been warned that this ultra sound wouldn't be the wand on the belly, but instead the ol' wand up the hoo-ha! Thats ok, it was worth it to see my little alien-looking baby! Before the doctor turned on the monitor I asked him "Can my Mom come in here to see the ultrasound?" He said "sure", I then asked, "Well, can my friend come in here too?" He said, "Goodness, you're a good friend!" Of course, keep in mind I was laid up on the table in STIRRUPS!!
I am a somewhat shy gal, but I wanted Landria and Mom to see the ultrasound. It was AMAZING to see the baby fluttering around. I can't wait until I can actually feel him moving. Yep, I said "him".....I just got a feeling. So, all went well at my appt. My due date is Feb 25th.
My next appt will be on September 2nd.

No comments: