Saturday, August 16, 2008

12 weeks and counting.........

I have to say that each chapter I read in "What to Expect" is a new symptom or sign that I anxiously anticipate.
The early ones were fairly easy to detect. Sore boobs- check! Emotional wreck-check! Morning sickness- Um, not so much except for that dreaded Friday morning-check! Sleepiness-check! Each new day was welcomed with whatever symptom or sign that pregnancy brings. I had what I thought were cravings when I cleaned out my fridge and found FOUR banana pepper ring jars!! If I could have had a banana ring juice IV drip I would have been happy as a clam! This week I learned the REAL meaning of CRAVINGS!!
While at work it hit me..........GRILLED CHEESE! It was all I could think about and talk about! I then made the mistake of getting online and I googled "grilled cheese". My eyes grew wider as I saw all the different types of grilled cheese sandwiches!! The possibilities were endless!! Sharp cheese, Cheddar, onions, avocado, bacon, tomatoes!!!!! All these were incorporated into the most delicious looking pictures I could have ever imagined.
My mouth watered with delight! Did you know that Seattle has a "Grilled Cheese Festival?" I KNOW!! I could have skipped my way to Seattle for it! That was it, I couldn't go another day without one! I instantly new who to call.
"Mom, you know what I'm craving?" That's all it took! Without hesitation mom put together the plan for dinner that night! I called Jenny and let her in on the plans for dinner at mom's. Once I got there Mom and Earl had laid out cheese, texas toast and bacon!! Fresh sliced tomatoes and tomato soup!!!! Life could not have gotten any better at that moment! Mmmmmmmm!!!!!!

No comments: